|NYU 2031 ULURP Timeline courtesy of Assemblymember Deborah Glick|
Saturday, February 25, 2012
On Thursday, February 23rd, Community Board 2 of Manhattan unanimously voted "No" on the NYU Core Project ULURP Applications. Thank you CB2! Here is an excerpt from the CB2 Resolution:
CB2, after extensive review and discussions with stakeholders throughout the area, strongly opposes the NYU 2031 Plan. Its effects would forever change the character of this historic neighborhood, dramatically increase built-upon land at the expense of the light, air and recreation opportunities of existing open space, convert city-owned land to largely private use even if access is permitted, imperil affordable housing stock, significantly reduce residents’ quality of life, have adverse effects on local infrastructure and subject residents to decades of construction and its effects.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation (GVSHP) "and a broad coalition of community groups, NYU Faculty, and NYU students will hold a rally and press conference
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Place Matters, a joint project of City Lore and the Municipal Art Society, have nominated the Sasaki Garden at Washington Square Village as the Place of the Month. The mission of Place Matters is
to foster the conservation of New York City's historically and culturally significant places. These are places that hold memories and anchor traditions for individuals and communities, and that help
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
The turnout for the Rally to Save the Village As We Know It on Sunday, Feb. 12th was impressive; 550 according to a thank you email sent by Assemblymember Deborah Glick. Assemblymember Glick is encouraging concerned parties to send hand written, non form letters to Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer, Chair of the City Planning Commission Amanda Burden, Councilmember
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
Prior to its Full Board meeting on Feb. 23rd, CB2 committees will meet to determine the "language to be submitted to CB2 NYU Working Group for omnibus resolution regarding a certified ULURP application for this project".
- Monday, Feb. 6th, 6:30 pm, Social Services & Education, LGBT Center, 208 West 13th St, Room 101
- Tuesday, Feb. 7th, 6:30 pm, Traffic & Transportation, Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St at Bleecker, Father Demo Hall (downstairs)
- Wednesday, Feb. 8th, 6:30 pm, Parks, Recreation & Open Space, Church of St. Anthony of Padua, 151-155 Sullivan St, Lower Hall
- Thursday, Feb. 9th, 6:30 pm, Land Use and Business Development, Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St at Bleecker, Father Demo Hall (downstairs) [Zone Green Text Amendment is the first item on the agenda]
- Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 6:30 pm, Environment, Public Safety & Public Health, Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St at Bleecker, Father Demo Hall (downstairs)
- Thursday, Feb. 16th, 6:30 pm, NYU Working Group (architectural presentation of NYU 2031 plan), Church of St. Anthony of Padua, 151-155 Sullivan St, downstairs
- Monday, Feb. 20th, 6:30 pm, NYU Working Group ("determination of language to be submitted to CB2 NYU Working Group for omnibus resolution regarding a certified ULURP application for this project"), Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St at Bleecker, Father Demo Hall (downstairs)
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
The Full Board of Community Board 2 will meet on Thursday, February 23rd at 6 p.m. for the Omnibus Resolution of NYU 2031. The meeting will be held at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan St. Lower Hall but please verify details at the CB2 calendar webpage.