Community Board 2 has finalized the calendar for its five public hearings of the NYU 20 Year Campus Expansion Plan (NYU 2031). The dates and locations are as follows (but please confirm by visiting the NYU Plan 2031 page at the CB2 website):
1. Monday, January 9, 6:30 pm, CB 2 Zoning Committee, AIA Center for Architecture
at 536 LaGuardia Place (between Bleecker and West 3rd Streets): Land Use & Business Development: NYU will present its overall proposal. A STRONG TURNOUT AT THIS MEETING IS CRITICAL!
2. Tuesday, January 10, 6:30 pm at the NYU Silver Bldg., 32 Waverly Place (Washington Square East), Room 520: Traffic & Transportation: What are the implications of the NYU plan on traffic, pedestrian uses and mass transit?
3. Thursday, January 12, 6:30 pm, CB 2 Parks Committee, NYU Silver Bldg., 32 Waverly Place (Washington Square East), Room 713: Parks, Recreation & Open Space: How does the NYU plan impact public open space? A STRONG TURNOUT AT THIS MEETING IS CRITICAL!
4. Tuesday, January 17, 6:30 pm at Judson Church Meeting room, 55 Washington Square South (near Thompson Street): Social Services & Education: Does the community support adding a public school to the superblocks and what are the plans for such a school?
5. Wednesday, January 18, 6:30 pm at the Tony Dapolito Rec Center, 1 Clarkson Street (between Carmine and 7th Ave South): Environment, Public Safety & Public Health: Will NYU’s proposal affect local environmental conditions?